[MD] Reading & Comprehension

Joseph Maurer jhmau at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 26 14:02:45 PDT 2010

On 5/26/10 1:10 AM, "skutvik at online.no" <skutvik at online.no> wrote:

<snip>
>> This information was called subject/object metaphysics.  Thing, one,
>> true, good, were transcendentals in that they could be said of
>> everything existing.
>
> But trust Joe to turn enigmatic :-)
>
> At least the Greek SOM came to put its stamp on Christendom
> through Aristotle by way of Aquinas, humankind got a Soul which was
> the primary, eternal part while the Body was secondary and
> perishable. My long-standing assertion is that Christendom is deeply
> intellect-influenced in contrast to Judaism & Islam as continuations of
> the old Social reality. Thus the Renaissance and Enlightenment did
> NOT emerge in spite of Christendom but because of it and the big
> question is why the Muslim world can't become "modern" and why the
> Jews forever must be torn between their orthodox and secular
> factions?
>
> Bodvar

Hi Bo and all,

I was not trying to be enigmatic.  There has to be a basis for mathematical
logic.  That basis is a defined 1.  There is no function for definition at
the inorganic, organic 1 & 2 levels as there is no capacity to define 1.  At
the emotional level there is no SQ, and the capacity to define 1 is still
missing.  At the intellectual level 1 is definable SQ and applies to
everything, since the intellectual level is a higher level and contains the
previous levels and adds its own distinctive characteristic SQ.

True, and Good are relationships to mind and will respectively in SOM.
Thing, is a description of gravity at a sense level.  Lower levels react to
touch, e.g. a vine growing up a wall.

I would argue with your sense of an ³old Social reality² in a metaphysical
sense.  Social reality is not a characteristic of an individual, but only a
family, which is better characterized by sex distinctions for procreation,
father and mother.

Joe