[MD] grmbl

skutvik at online.no skutvik at online.no
Sun May 30 07:22:49 PDT 2010

Andre

I combine two of your "quips" here

Bodvar:

> ...Intellect as = SOM. Your resistance now is more of a childish
> tantrum.

Andre:
> Are you finally ready to admit that the S/O way of analyzing
> experience, and (by implication,that this is therefore 'reality') is a
> Western intellectual pattern of value which is quite dominant...in the
> West?

No, I'm not ready for any of your nonsense. The intellectual S/O level
cemented into SOM in the West, in the Far East it was transcended by
the Q-like Buddhism before reaching SOM proportions. The Middle
East however has resisted the intellectual movement till this day due to
the cemented social pattern called Islam. They had a chance in the
Islam heyday round year 1000 when liberal Sultans and Kalifs opened
up for science and philosophy, but when this threatened Islam itself
(what science & philosophy necessarily and inevitably do)
fundamentalism hit back in the form of the order of the assassins and
the rest is history.

-----------------------------------

Bodvar:

> > ...it was SOM's objective scientific approach...

Andre:
> In the MOQ the activity of science is 'subjective'. It is considered
> part of  social and intellectual patterns of value.

In SOM science (physics at least) is the subject trying to find the laws
of objective reality. In the MOQ the "subject/object" distinction is the
intellectual LEVEL ... in case you didn't know.

To deem something subjective (even in quotation marks) tells a lot
about your twisted understanding of the MOQ. To make science partly
social  tells even more.

Bodvar