[MD] grmbl

Mary marysonthego at gmail.com
Mon May 31 06:17:42 PDT 2010

Hi Andre,

> Platt to Andre:
> "What the Metaphysics of Quality would do is to take this separate
> category,
> Quality, and show how it contains within itself both subjects and
> objects."
> (Lila, 5)
>
> That one sentence also advances Bo's idea that the intellectual level
> is not
> only a "subset" of Quality but restricted to the S/O division.
>
> Andre:
> Hi Platt, it seems our readings of this sentence (within the context of
> the MOQ) is different then? Within the MOQ objects are inorganic and
> organic patterns of value, and subjects are social and intellectual
> patterns of value. All neatly arranged within an evolutionary
> framework.

[Mary Replies]
I don't think Subjects and Objects are divided up according to their
position in the hierarchy.  A subject is the thing doing the thinking and an
object is the thing thought about.  Objects could be rocks, other people,
intellectual concepts, social agreements, the Easter Bunny, or the idea of
the MoQ. From your perspective, you will always be the subject.  Everything
that is 'not you' will always be the object - and sometimes, if you are
thinking about yourself, you even become your own 'object' of inquiry.

Best,
Mary