[MD] log lady

Mary marysonthego at gmail.com
Mon May 31 19:36:31 PDT 2010

Hi Guys,

I'm not much into fiction these days.  After what happened to me I find
reality much more compelling.  My favorite show is not "Twin Peaks", but "I
Survived".  You can catch it on the Biography Channel.  Every episode covers
the story of three different people who have survived something horrendous.
I am comforted by these stories because I learn that I am not the only one
who's ever had their life threatened and lived to tell about it.

A young woman awakens to find a man on top of her body in her bed.  He
attempts to rape her, but a big fight ensues.  She fights him off.  He uses
a knife to slit her throat from ear to ear, slash her arm in two places and
stab her in the chest.  She is bleeding arterial blood with every heartbeat,
so she uses her free hand to staunch the bleeding at her neck.  She escapes
into her bathroom, but there is no lock on the door.  She uses a roll of
toilet paper to stop the blood while pinning herself with her back against
the door and feet against the tub to keep the door shut.  Realizing defeat,
her attacker leaves her apartment, but she is afraid and does not know this.
She knows she has no choice, though.  If she doesn't leave the bathroom she
will die from blood loss, so she screws up her courage and opens the
bathroom door.  "Hello?", she says.  She cannot be sure her attacker has
left the apartment.  She finds that none of her lights work.  He has cut
power and her phone line beforehand.  She crawls to the living room and
locates her purse containing her cell phone, afraid at any moment the
attacker will appear from the kitchen or from behind the couch.  She calls
911 and is on the phone with them for over 15 minutes.  While she is waiting
for help to arrive, a pounding knocking starts at her door.  It is the
apartment security guard and he is very insistent that she should open the
door so he can help her.  The 911 operator tells her not to open the door.
The police will be there any minute.  She does not know what to do.  She is
losing blood and drifting in and out of consciousness.  She thinks she
should answer the door, and almost does when she finally hears police sirens
approaching her building.  She is rescued and survives.

The pounding on her door was from her attacker who was also the security
guard.  He is covered in blood and arrested by the arriving police.

Not even David Lynch could make this stuff up.

Mary

- The most important thing you will ever make is a realization.