[MD] BeTteR-neSs (undefined or otherwise)

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 16:26:55 PDT 2010

Hi Platt,

Yes, it makes sense, things are supernatural until they are accepted, and
then become natural.  One difference between my interpretation and Pirsig
would be that I do not believe that Quality is actually inherent in a static
creation.  Quality is what creates the difference between static creations
or concepts.  In this way, the subject and object portions of the
description can be dropped, and Quality can be perceived on its own.

As a metaphor, imagine two boxers that are going at it, Paff! Bang! POW!
grUNT! ("Holy dentures, Batman!").  They grab and hug each other and appear
as a single mass of sweaty flesh, wobbling around.  In comes the referee
with a big Q on his chest and pushes them apart so that they can go at each
other again.  Furthermore, one boxer is called Yin, and the other called
Yang.  And what a match it is, so long as the rules are followed.

Cheers,
Mark