[MD] Knots

Platt Holden plattholden at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 09:52:14 PDT 2010

Hi Mark,

We had much in common before and now even more. I, too,
suffered a nervous breakdown years ago over a conflict of values
that had potential devastating effect on my life. It was deep enough
to require 22 shock treatments and hospitalization for three months.
So I can relate to Pirsig's experience and like him, have worked to
understand the underlying premises which affected me and why
they turned out to be so self-destructive. Needless to say, his
passage to higher understanding and sharing it in his books has
led me to answers I never could have attained on my own. The
experience proved to me the delusions S-O critical thinking can
so easily create by it's infinite ability to weasel around any issue to
justify a preconceived conclusion. The evidence of its shortcomings
are everywhere, most recently in yesterday's U.S. election, but most
notably in a highly educated Germany populace electing a Adolf
Hitler. Probably the most egregious shortcoming of SOM is when
it appeals to values without having the slightest idea of what its
talking about.

But, I digress. I just wanted to say, "You rock!"

Platt.

.