[MD] Is this the inadequacy of the MOQ?

Andre Broersen andrebroersen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 12:46:00 PDT 2010

dmb asks:

What in the world is going on around here? Am I just having a nightmare or is this really happening?

Andre:
This is really happening dmb! What absolute drivel this Tim character produces. And he is not the only one. I have not followed his posts but was only drawn to it via your reaction. Problem is, at present, that these 'drivelers' now want nice summaries, clear definitions, and an exposition of the basic tenets of the MOQ in response to observations that they lack a basic understanding of it when you confront them with their drivel.

To what extent do you take these posts seriously? Should you, to use Bodvar's metaphor, run around trying to plug every leak in the dike? (and don't say you miss him Marsha!)

I am by no means an expert on the MOQ. We all try our best. I have worked pretty hard to at least get the basics right. It has been suggested before and it won't hurt to have it repeated: if you want to get into the MOQ you have to work for it and at it. Contrary to what Platt says in his latest post, you have to want Quality to come in. It will not 'just' happen to most of us. Must of us still hear the truth knocking at the door and we tell it to piss off because we are looking for the truth.
Getting out of this SOM straight jacket is not easy. As a matter of fact it is very hard. All one can do is try and use ZMM and LILA as a guide.

Quality every 6-year old knows. The MOQ is different and much more difficult but alas reading some posts you'd think they are written by 6-year olds.

Where to start?

It is with regret that I must confess that I have started to simply ignore some people's posts.