[MD] Knots

ARLO J BENSINGER JR ajb102 at psu.edu
Wed Nov 3 17:52:20 PDT 2010

[Platt had asked]
What is the first division of "critical thinking?".

[Arlo]
"Critical thinking" is not a metaphysics.

[Platt]
I knew you would duck the question.

[Arlo]
What "duck"? Its a straightforward, and correct, answer. Critical thinking is
neither "SOM" nor "MOQ" nor any "metaphysics". It is a process, I suppose,
perhaps a method, that assists with the development of metaphysical systems of
thought, be they SOM or, in Pirsig's case of brilliant critical thinking, the
MOQ.

[Platt]
I choose to honor Horse's request. Obviously, you don't.

[Arlo]
You mentioned it. I simply put it in its proper historical context. I doubt
Horse would see that as problematic.

[Platt]
And Wiki isn't biased? LOL.

[Arlo]
Since, as I said, it draws evidence that led William Shirer to the same
conclusions, as well as nearly all historians of the Reich, I'd say that it is
legitimate.

The Reich appealed to mostly lower-middle class, those afraid of Bolshevism,
those who hated Jews, those who championed nationalism and those who saw the
German Volk as culturally, biologically, and morally superior to the inferior
races that made up the rest of the world.

I am sure there were "academics" who felt along these lines, as I am sure there
were businessmen, clergymen, plumbers, military, and chefs who did as well.
Henry Ford, for example, was a strong supporter of Hitler, who wrote "The
International Jew: The World's Foremost Problem".

>From Wikipedia, "In 1922, the New York Times reported that Adolf Hitler's
office contained a large picture of Ford. A well-thumbed copy of the
International Jew was found in his library."