[MD] Is this the inadequacy of the MOQ?

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 21:07:54 PDT 2010

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the question.  Don't worry about the feedback, the thing is to
think and to progress with what you find meaningful.  Your questions are
appropriate.  My snide remark about ADD was meant only to annoy some of
those, since it seems so easy.  Often there are those who claim to be
teachers.  Perhaps this is appropriate since they have been around a longer
time.  In my opinion, there are many ways to scale this mountain, starting
from different vantage points, and new blood sometimes provides new
understanding.

Now, I am only one opinion that carries only that weight.  In my opinion,
the manipulation of abstract symbols in considered to be one of man's
highest achievements.  This is of course somewhat self-centered, but why
not, we make the rules.  From such manipulation, one can describe a level
which can be claimed to be different from the social level.  As you intuit,
the concept of levels are just analogies to frame the concept of Quality.
 From such framing, discussion can ensue.  A literal translation is useful,
but does not represent the real thing.  Such a thing arises on its own.

It has been suggested to me that I review what has been discussed before, so
that I can provide consistent input, I find this to be an appropriate
suggestion.  However, this is a large task, and I am often lazy.  So be it,
one of the deadly sins, Sloth.  You have probably already passed through the
MOQ.com site.  There is information there, some contributed by current
members of this forum.  There are also some wild and crazy sites which
either profess complete understanding, or are dismissive.  One can learn
from both sides, but the amount of information is somewhat misleading.  The
core of the material is, in my opinion, found in ZMM and Lila.

I am happy to discuss any ideas.  What is sometimes dismissed here are
supposed statements of fact (of which I am guilty).  Your notion of Tuning
seemed like a good start.  The question is of course tuning what.  It is
possible for the motorcycle, the mechanic, and the tuning to exist as a
single entity, that is no subjects and no objects.  Moving towards that is a
Zen concept.

Of course, just my opinion.  Others may dispute this, which is fine.

Cheers,
Mark, only been a contributor for about 2.5 years.