[MD] Knots

david buchanan dmbuchanan at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 4 10:55:26 PDT 2010

dmb replied to Mark and Platt:

If you need to believe certain things in order to maintain your sanity, those beliefs will be impervious to criticism. They are too important, too central, too crucial in their supporting role. But this supporting role is psychological, not intellectual. The intellectual value and validity of such beliefs isn't even relevant because that's just not what it's about. This explains the frustration I've been complaining about, that's for sure. We've been playing two completely different games the whole time and your game simply isn't about what's true. It's about mental hygiene.

Marsha, is there something you'd like to tell us?

Marsha replied:
Sure.  My self is a flow of ever-changing, interdependent, impermanent, inorganic, biological, social and intellectual static patterns of value within a field of Dynamic Quality.  What is there for your insults to land on?

dmb says:

Isn't that a clever answer? Define your self as so slippery that there's nobody to be criticized. Well, it WOULD be a clever answer if it had anything to do with question.

Since you share this anti-intellectual perspective and this imperviousness to facts and reason, I was asking if you also share a history of mental illness. (Bo, Platt and Mark have all reported this history.) I'm frustrated with you in the same way about the same things and so I'm wondering if it's also for the same reasons.