[MD] Betternes - 4 levels of!

plattholden at gmail.com plattholden at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 06:54:19 PST 2010

Hi Mark, All:

Dynamic Quality isn't concept free. Once you name something, it becomes a
concept. But it's a concept like "ineffable" is a concept -- pointing to
something that cannot be defined. And that leaves intellect impotent. Intellect
can only deal with defined terms. Pirsig admitted as much. But, he said go
ahead anyway: "Getting drunk and picking up bar-ladies and writing metaphysics
is a part of life." (Lila, 5)  So, yes. Even though we can't think about DQ, go
ahead and think about it - another paradox illustrating critical thinking's
feet of clay.

Platt