[MD] Was Zeno correct?

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 22:37:40 PST 2010

Hi dmb,

Indeed the limits to our conceptualizations; especially with discrete
increments.  The math thus instructs us through whole numbers or their
almost infinite subdivisions.  Tiny little increments always getting smaller
all the way down to the magical Plank's constant.  And then?  Well, its tiny
little jumps, never resting in between.  The magicians tell us that such is
the nature of things, has to be, they calculated it.  Then uncertainty
claims the day, and the mystics rise again, told you so they say.

We sit and watch dumbly with our tiny little neurons on and off, on and off,
in binary fashion.  At the synapse the transmitters rush across the gap like
an army on its way to plunder.  Onwards!, to change the course of history
through a single critical firing, which spreads like an octopus, only to
fade and then begin anew.  The digital intrudes into our reality like tiny
knifes which separate and confuse.  The fog settles in for a terrifying
night.  Are we left helpless then to such disturbance in our sleep?  Where
did the labyrinth come from?  What is that hiding beneath the veil? Who is
that looking at me in the mirror?  Tell me please, somebody!  Is there
anybody, OUT THERE?

Got Milk?

Mark