[MD] Betternes - 4 levels of!

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 23:11:42 PST 2010

> Dan:
> Robert Pirsig isn't saying that the term "God" is antiquated and
> outmoded... he is saying it is a relic of evil... pretty strong words,
> John. I am not sure what you're arguing? Are you saying the MOQ isn't
> anti-theistic? That it supports the notion of God? On what grounds do
> you base this notion? Yes, he says "in this regard" but he is saying
> it in regards to adding a fourth stage.
>
> [Mark]

I cut out the hostile parts of the post, in case somebody would feel
offended.

I would argue that dynamic quality is being expressed in the same way as
God.  The notion of God is expressed in the same way as the notion of
Quality.  God cannot be conceptualized.  This is your premise for dynamic
quality (oh, I forgot, it's RMP's fault, you are just the messanger, my
mistake)  If one is anti-theistic, he is fighting against a concept of his
own, of God.  He cannot deny the awareness of God, in the same way that he
cannot deny awareness of dynamic quality.  (Sorry Dan, but your awareness of
dynamic quality does not exist...)  Denial takes a subject, where is the
subject of God?  Is he under a rock somewhere?  Do you claim to know the
true name of God?  You better tell someone, people are looking for it.  To
be anti-theistic, one must understand the premises of theism, in this case
monotheism.  Quality is also monotheistic, in exactly the same sense,
exactly.

If you want to point to the bible, fine, but that is an analogy, go ahead,
fight the analogy.  Like I have said before, this is charging at windmills.
 For those who do not understand, it is a concept which comes from a great
book by Cervantes about a delusional man.  If you want to deny a concept how
about denying what is presented in Dante's Divine Comedy?  That may take a
little longer, but at least you will have more to talk about.  Or how about
debating Milton's Paradise Lost, or Blake's logic, I'll place my money on
Descartes any day.  Pick something substantive to explain your anti-theism.
 I would love to see you in a debate with Augustine.  He would tear you to
pieces!

The conceptualization of God can be considered anti-theistic, in fact such a
thing is a big no-no some places.  So I guess in a way you are
anti-theistic, you made the mistake to ascribe concepts to God.  I suppose I
am anti-dynamic quality, performing blasphemy by thinking about it.  So be
it, Dan.  I guess we all have to be anti-something.  After all we have to
define ourselves.

Lay off with the egocentric hostility will you?  What kind of thrill so you
get out of running down somebody's ghost?  Sounds awfully arrogant and
superstitious to me.  (Oh, by the way, I got that idea from ZMM above, so
there).

I am rapidly running out of patience with you, beware!

Cheers,
Mark

Moq_Discuss mailing list