[MD] Plains Talk and Pragmatism

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 20:16:29 PST 2010

Hi Ron,

Picking the best is a good way to approach it.  Some prefer existentialism
others find it to promote meaninglessness.  Some find empiricism to be
materialistic or limited, others glorify in it as free will and
understanding.

My understanding of Theism from personal conversations from the Christian
side, is that it provides: meaning, purpose, morality, common purpose, a
sense of security, a personal sense of responsibility and morals, a possible
afterlife, a possibility of atonement in this life, forgiveness, redemption,
and the possibility of miracles. These sound like a lot of quality reasons
to choose it.  It could be considered lying to oneself whatever position one
takes.

What would be the reasons to choose anti-theism or atheism besides a
self-centered notion of knowing?  In the end we really are talking about
choice I believe.

Mark