[MD] BioCentrism: Was Zeno correct?

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 10:52:07 PST 2010

Hi Marsha,

I appreciate your sense of the deep-seated nature of Scientism.  I have been
a scientist all my adult career and I rail against its abuse to try to open
up my colleagues to alternate views and conceive of new interpretations of
accumulating data.

What was once magic becomes science and shelved in the library as history.
 It is the leading edge which deals with incantation.  Weak spots are
windows into the unknown.

The scientific process can not be shattered because it is based on common
sense.  What such a process reveals is indeed not shatter-proof, but ever
growing like a tree reaching towards the heavens.  New buds always appear in
the spring, defying the static.  Every now and again a branch dies and falls
to the ground.

I could bring in the Tower of Babel, but you may consider that religious and
an impossible literal human feat described by silly old men reading from
old, well worn books.  Yet, here we are still trying.

Cheers,
Mark