[MD] Humanism

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 16:13:23 PST 2010

> [dmb previously to Marsha]

> It's not honest to pick the one [as in quote] that suits you and ignore the
> rest.

[Mark]
Oh really dmb?  Is this coming from someone who uses a freely open
encyclopedia to provide examples of truth?  You are more guilty of the above
than most.  "See, I found it in Wiki, it must be true".  Please dmb, let's
get intellectual about this.   I could find plenty of quotes on the internet
to support any notion that I want.  Anybody can post anything on Wiki, this
doesn't mean that it should be used as a reference.  To do so would be to
claim that anything on the internet is true.

As above, there also seems to be a selective picking of quotes from posts
which deny the whole scope of the post.  Is this honest?

Oh, here's a quote from Wiki:

http://www.mywikibiz.com/Criticism_of_Jimmy_Wales

*"It is a sad, sad statement on the Wikipedia community that it has never
gotten rid of Jimbo Wales. It's remarkable to me that now, in 2010, Jimbo is
still around, while the project itself is stagnating quite badly. I thought
at one time that such a vibrant project with so much potential would surely
jettison Jimbo -- who is so obviously a useless and unprincipled opportunist
-- in relatively short order, once it matured to a certain point. Instead
I'm starting to wonder if the project will sink and Jimbo will still be
sitting there when it does."*

Mark