[MD] [Bulk] Re: Humanism

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Sat Nov 13 12:20:19 PST 2010

On Nov 13, 2010, at 3:02 PM, david buchanan wrote:

> dmb says:
> Exactly. We're supposed to be persuaded by the arguments and the evidence and this is CONTRASTED with arguments from authority. Arguments from authority are based on the assumption that "Thee Truth" is the sole property of some thing or other. If you believe the bible is the written word of God, for example, there is no way to argue against that no matter what the evidence is.

dmb,

You have yet to produce a persuasive argument.   Your tactic is more to present a quote and ask the person to 'think about it,' or  write "you should be able to see that for yourself."   I've not seen a persuasive argument or an explanation of what you present as evidence.   Have you had any classes in formal and informal logic?

Marsha

___