[MD] BioCentrism: Was Goldilocks right?

craigerb at comcast.net craigerb at comcast.net
Sat Nov 13 22:07:26 PST 2010

"But our luck didn't stop with the laws, forces, and constants of the universe...Even the Neanderthals went extinct. But alas, not us! Indeed, we happen to be the only species of Hominina that made it."

Of course, "luck" isn't needed to explain why we & not Neanderthals survived.  It's GOF evolution:
we were the fitter & we survived.

"Our special luck continues in the present time...Nearby stars could go supernova"

Again, luck isn't needed.  Suppose there were a planet identical to Earth, except that the sun in their solar system goes supernova.  How to explain why we are "lucky" enough to be talking about them &
they are "unlucky" enough not to be talking about us?  Simple--their sun went supernova.
Craig