[MD] [Bulk] Re: Humanism

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 15:08:07 PST 2010

It's interesting tho, isn't it Arlo.  Now we can see where the Shia and the
Sunni started fighting.  Where the differing schools of Buddhism arose.  We
get to observe and participate in the pattern which interprets the found and
breaks into factions.  Fascinating indeed.

[Arlo]

> I see Pirsig as one voice in an historical dialogue, responding to others,
> anticipating responses to his words, but that the dialogue does not end with
> Pirsig by any means.

John:  I'd definitely admit he's not just "one voice".  I guess I'd call
him, THEE voice.  But we still have to assimilate and fit it all into our
own conceptual schemes, don't we.  Adjustment, modification and re-analysis
are necessary.  And if Pirsig wasn't self-aware enough to allow and even
encourage this to happen, then none of us would be here.

And I for one, am damn glad we are, you especially, Arlo, you fount of
wisdom you.

John