[MD] Intellectual Level

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Wed Nov 17 08:49:14 PST 2010

Hi Mark,

I searched Coleman Barks and he seems to be a major Rumi translator.
I guess I was more watching the moon and thinking about the words
than listening to his voice.  I listened again, but still did not find it spoiled
the words.  Maybe your tastes are more discriminating than mine.

I like the mysticism in his poetry.

Marsha

On Nov 17, 2010, at 11:38 AM, 118 wrote:

> Hi Marsha,
> Don't get me wrong, I really do love Coleman Barks.
> Mark
>
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 12:20 AM, MarshaV <valkyr at att.net> wrote:
>

>> Greetings Mark,
>>
>> I have no knowledge of Coleman Barks, so I had no discomfort hearing
>> the Rumi poem.   I'm not sure if knowing Coleman Barks would have
>> flavored the poem in a doesn't-fit way.  Maybe, but I don't know.  :-)
>>

>> Marsha
>>

>> On Nov 17, 2010, at 1:29 AM, 118 wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Marsha,
>>> Yeah, you gotta love Coleman Barks.  He's like some hick from Oklahoma
>> that
>>> suddenly becomes Rumi.  Kind of like an oriental guy singing Elvis in
>>> Karaoke.  Something doesn't fit.
>>>
>>> Reminds me of the heartbeat at the beginning of Dark Side of the Moon.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the reminder,
>>> Mark

___