[MD] 10K Limit

Horse horse at darkstar.uk.net
Thu Nov 18 07:26:12 PST 2010

Hi Platt

Unless I send out a warning (or have already sent one out) on the list,
I have no intention of limiting responses, original contributions etc. I
don't like doing that and have always tried to avoid situations where
that can happen.
By eliminating unnecessary repetition, posts and threads are easier to
follow and are more like conversations. They also take up less space in
the archives and when searching the archives less effort is needed to
follow a thread. IMO.
There are still some posts slipping through (some are my fault) that
don't follow the simple protocol of removing unnecessary comments but
these are becoming less prevalent. We'll get there eventually.
Once we get to the point where this is at a reasonable level and members
are consistently posting with care then I shall increase the post size
so that no-one is inconvenienced.

Cheers

Horse

--

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid."
— Frank Zappa