[MD] Modern American Humanism and MOQ

Horse horse at darkstar.uk.net
Thu Nov 18 10:14:11 PST 2010

Hi John

On 18/11/2010 17:39, John Carl wrote:
> *Working to benefit society maximizes individual happiness.*

*Working to benefit society maximizes individual happiness.* Progressive cultures have worked to free humanity from the brutalities of mere survival and to reduce suffering, improve society, and develop global community. We seek to minimize the inequities of circumstance and ability, and we support a just distribution of nature's resources and the fruits of human effort so that as many as possible can enjoy a good life.

Isn't the above just saying that where you have a healthy and just society you have the basis for individual happiness?
Where's the problem?

Horse

--

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid."
— Frank Zappa