[MD] a-theism and atheism

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 15:33:49 PST 2010

Hi John and Ham,

> John:
>  As dmb pointed out, the literal meaning of a-theist, is non-theist.  So
> while being a literally correct term, it's  fraught with anti-theistic
> connotation in my view, that are inappropriate for a truly profound
> metaphysical stance.
>
> [Mark]

In order to be anti or a- anything one has to experience it first (I read
realization in this post, but deleted it for nefarious purposes).  I am
anti-Snoop Dog, for example.  If one has experienced Theism or God, for
example, then he/she can be anti-theist.  Otherwise one is just against the
symbology, which has no substance.  Atheists are against people and what
they believe, not the concept, unless it is against their own concept. If
that is true, then it is a case of phantasmagoria as Ham would say.  Some in
the MOQ can think that Christians are just plain stupid but that would not
be my stand in the MOQ.  I don't have time for other peoples ghosts, they
can be anti-dragons for all I care.

But, I could be wrong,
Mark

Moq_Discuss mailing list