[MD] Plains Talk and Pragmatism

rapsncows at fastmail.fm rapsncows at fastmail.fm
Sun Nov 21 17:20:36 PST 2010

John,

> [John]  True worshippers worship in spirit
> and
> truth and God seeks those. I'd call them, "faithful-I's" and later when
> he
> points out to his followers that his whole message is meant to point them
> back to this spirit inside themselves, this still small voice whispering
> what is good and what is not good, well, I think Christ and Pirsig are
> entirely congruent. Two different fingers pointing to the same moon.

maybe I can restate this exactly for those who hate the idea that
quality is known personally:

true betterness-pursuers pursue betterness between themselves as well as
within himself, and quality shows itself to those.  Call them
'quality-I's'.  And later when he [this time RMP rather than Christ]
points out to his followers that his whole message is meant to point
them back to this quality-I that is at the utter present, this
_________________ voice whispering what is of high morality and what is
of low morality, well, I think Pirsig and Christ are entirely congruent.
 Two fingers --- trying to --- point to the same moon.

What do you think?

whatever. deal with it!

> But to many, that's the slippery slope!
>
> deal with it.