[MD] a-theism and atheism

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 22:37:51 PST 2010

> [Tim]
> It seems you are stuck in a model world!  My falling to the Earth is a
> real phenomena.  If I want to live amongst this reality, I have to
> devise a way to handle it.  I model it, knowing that the model can never
> be fully up-to-date.  To teh extent that I can harmonize my model with
> the underlying reality, I can maximize my potential for choice.  [so,
> just like your analogy of gravity was to help open up ideas about the
> deeper nature of you, in relation - quality - I would suggest that this
> idea of harmonizing might open up the deeper nature of modeling - but
> you have to faithe that there is something to which your model might
> harmonize.  Otherwise you are modeling to model, and I'd then rather
> watch that Victoria's secret girl.]

[Mark]
Perhaps I am saying model too much.  Another word is interpretation, or
reality, or how it seems, or understanding, or concept, or the way things
are, etc.  By saying you are falling to earth, you are creating a model of
what is happening, that is how you encapsulated it into a concept.  If this
is real to you, it is because you have conceptualized it.  The underlying
reality is what you create.  Now, I am not saying you can walk through walls
if you believe in such a model, although that is where some people tend to
go with this notion, the brain is somewhat limited by what it can conceive
of (another model).   And I am in full agreement with you idea of
harmonization.  One can certainly feel when one is in harmony or out of
harmony.  This is certainly very real for me.  However, I only get it when I
create the model for it.  Some believe in random chance, others believe in
serendipity, some believe in fate and others in providence  They are all
true.  The data can be used to explain each.  You choose how you want to
interpret it.

>  [Tim]
> I had been using 'gravity' as the underlying phenomena.  In order for
> one I to be able to have a meaningful relation with another I, there
> must be a real phenomena of relation.

[Mark]
Yes, but your understanding of it takes it beyond that and calls it
something.  That is what the brain does.  Relation is subjective.  A rock
does not see the relation you see.

> [Tim]
> I have never thought of using 'quality' as a name for my model.  my
> model is to get at quality.  I am trying to harmonize the two.  I know
> that is strictly impossible; faithe seems to make up that integral
> difference.  Perhaps I can call this the miracle of life.  (It's gotta
> work though, because 'nothing' is impossible.)

[Mark]
I understand.  The interpretation of Quality can be such that it fits your
model.  This is how one can harmonize.  Faith and Quality are not exclusive
if that is what you mean.  The term miracle is overblown to mean something
that defies explanation.  But explanation is nothing more than agreement.
 One can see everything as a miracle, in fact it is.  There is no underlying
explanation for anything.  We explain things in a bubble created by circular
references, in my opinion.  Something falls to earth because of gravity, how
do we know it is gravity?  Because gravity makes things fall to earth.  We
create concepts that have no underlying ground to them.  So gravity and
falling to earth mean exactly the same thing, and we have not explained
anything, just created new words that equal each other.

>  > [Mark]
> > Well, what I do with it is a long story.  In many ways, I had to do it.
> > I asked too many questions and lost meaning.
> >

> [Tim]
> this sounds interesting.  how long ago?  have you found meaning again
> yet?

[Mark]
Yes, but it is different.  In fact is always changes; there is nothing
permanent, even the notion of reality, if you don't want it to be.  It is
more like an adventure in seeing.  I suppose that is my new reality (for
now).

> Cheers,

Mark