[MD] angels and pinheads

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 11:59:42 PST 2010

"Your trouble, my dear Devlin, is you are loath to let go your Sunday School
daydreams, Yah?  This toy balloon, this bubble of spiritual gas where angels
dance on a pin?  Why will you not let go?  It's empty.  Any angels to be
found will not be found dancing on the head of the famous pin, no.  It is
only in the dreams of the pinhead that they dance, these angels"

The old doctor waited until his audience finished snickering.  "more and
more slowly, too, " he continued.  "Even there.  They become tired, these
dancing fancies, and if not given nourishment they become famished.  As must
everything."

Demon Box, Ken Kesey

"The dark figure moves toward me threateningly,but I hear Chris’s
voice,"Where? " faint and distant. He heard me! And the dark figure,
enraged, draws a curtain over the door.
Not the mountain,I think.The mountain is gone."AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN!!"
I shout.

And now I am standing in the deserted ruins of a city all alone.The ruins
are all around me endlessly in every direction and I must walk them alone."

ZAMM, RMP