[MD] a-theism and atheism

david buchanan dmbuchanan at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 27 16:03:01 PST 2010

Arlo said:
... On top of this, and this is just stating the obvious, there is an immune system on the social level, and anti-intellectualism can be easily seen as a symptom of this immune system.

dmb says:
I think that's exactly right and wish it were as obvious to every MOQer as it is to you. The intellect was born questioning the gods, heroes and values of the culture and it has been perceived as a threat to all that is decent and good ever since. But this conflict really comes to a head in our own time and Pirsig is very clear about which side he's on. The man is NOT a reactionary and I hope nobody is fooled by the reactionaries who say otherwise.