[MD] happiness: a model

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 16:29:09 PST 2010

Hi Marsha,
Thanks for the happy face.  This pursuit of happiness is at the root of
unhappiness, in my opinion.  When we are in pursuit of it, it means that we
do not have it ("Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow..." Annie sings, long-fully in
the background).  This is a Western concept as distinct from, say, a Zen one
("Don't worry, be happy...", sings Bobby McFerrin, smilingly off-stage)
 Yes, we have the right to kill ourselves to be happy.  What kind of right
is that?

The way I would write the constitution would be that we have the right to
create happiness.  Now, doesn't that sound a little more moral?  When we
think of creating such a thing, we become a little more responsible, like
maybe a group effort may be appropriate.  If we are just out to get it,
where can we find it?

Sorry, got to go cruise the streets looking for happiness.  Jack Daniels
anyone? ("Wasting away again in Margaritaville...", sings Jimmy Buffett in
the bottle).

Mark