[MD] cloud of probability

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Sat Jun 11 12:15:08 PDT 2011

On Jun 11, 2011, at 2:14 PM, david buchanan wrote:

> Marsha said:
> While definitions are important, to think a pattern is limited to any particular definition is foolish.
>
> dmb asks again:
> If concepts and definitions are not intellectual static patterns, then what are they?

Marsha:
For me concepts and definitions are a part of static patterns of value.

> If static patterns are something above and beyond concepts and definitions, where are they?

Marsha:
Static patterns of value are processes: impermanent, interdependent,
ever-changing. (Not independent objects, subjects or things-in-themselves.)
Overlapping, interconnected, ever-changing processes that pragmatically
tend to persist and change within a stable, predictable pattern.

Please note the "ever-changing processes that pragmatically
tend to persist and change within a stable, predictable pattern" part.

> dmb:
> On what basis do you conclude that these terms refer to two different things?

Marsha:
Again, for me concepts and definitions are a part of static patterns of value.  There is
not a one-to-one relationship between concepts/definitions and a pattern.  There
could be visualizations associated with a pattern for one example.

___