[MD] Free Will

craigerb at comcast.net craigerb at comcast.net
Wed Jun 15 16:12:23 PDT 2011

[Steve]
> you are out of arguments

It's okay if I am out of arguments.  I only ever needed one.

[Steve]
> The question is whether or not this willing we feel is meaningfully free. You
> haven't even made sense of what that could even mean

I suppose it is like being red-green color blind.  The person who is red-green
color blind cannot make sense of the distinction between red & green.
For the normal person, that distinction, like free will, is experienced.

[Andre]
> you have the choice between strawberry ice cream and chocolate ice cream!(that is all!!)
> Do you guys call that CHOICE?!!

So how many flavors make the choice free?  3? 31 (Baskins-Robbins, anyone)?
No, 2 flavors are sufficient for an example of free will.
Craig