[MD] The Meaning of Life

craigerb at comcast.net craigerb at comcast.net
Thu Jun 16 12:29:34 PDT 2011

[dmb]
"What is Pirsig saying about the relationship between creative intelligence and getting an "A" in life? What does he say about following the rules and seeing for yourself?"

IMHO besides asking philosophilogical questions such as the above, you give the student the option of answering a philosophical question, such as:
"What is the relationship between creative intelligence and getting an "A" in life?"

[dmb]
> maybe I should have picked all those "dirty" passages in Lila and hired an over-perfumed
> prostitute to join me as a visual aid.
> I think it might be too late to switch at this point.

It's never too late.  Check on university regulations concerning a fragrance-free
environment & beware of too much classroom participation.

Craig