[MD] Free Will

X Acto xacto at rocketmail.com
Sun Jun 19 07:45:34 PDT 2011

Marsha said:
I have probably read more commentary about causation than any other
Buddhist explanation of Emptiness.  It is the first topic addressed in
Nagarjuna's MMK.  Nagarjuna's logic is not easy.  It seems he may
have been battling a particular form of logic, called Nyaya.  Regardless
of the methodology, causation has dissolved, for me, into interdependency,
entanglement.  And this does not diminish one's sense of responsibility
(caring) in the least; quite the opposite.  A multi-directional preference?

I do not deny choice as a static pattern (conventional truth.)  But it implies a

chooser and something chosen.  -  I know, I know, this drives every one crazy,
but I cannot divorce myself from my experience, just to fall into line.  Btw,
I'm

not talking about the mountaintop form of experience, but a very potent
experience none the less.

Ron:
The chooser and the something chosen dilemma, is especially a dilemma when
one considers both are composed of choices. The question then becomes what
is the action of choice? some would say the very act of being is the act of
choice
and if the explanation begins with this, the chooser and that which is chosen
dilemma
is a conventional one.