[MD] truth, again

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 23:09:59 PST 2012

Hi Marsha,

Yes, this is the Western approach.  Everything must be
compartmentalized.  Thank you Aristotle!?

Ontology/epistemology can be analogized to DQ/SQ.

If we view knowledge as that which we create, which is appropriate to
MoQ (see "ghosts of reason"), then the limits of knowledge are without
boundary.  The nature is the human spirit (DQ), the method is logic,
and the origin is Quality (DQ/SQ).

This is how Quality is used to provide answers.  Pirsig, of course,
has many such examples, which is what Lila is all about.  It is a
shame that some see Lila as a manifesto of some sort.  The examples
are just that, not to be taken as "truth".  Lila teaches how to use
Quality to solve problems.  It was never meant as dogma, Pirsig is too
smart for that.  However, we get the preachers who read from the "good
book" and tell us all to obey what is written.  There was a prophet
about 600 years after Christ who said the same thing.

I am sure that Pirsig is more than a little disappointed at the turn
Quality has taken.  He is probably also a bit ashamed at where this
forum has gone.  His disciple has gone astray.  Well it happens to the
best of them.  His quest for fame has done exactly what he predicted
it would.

Mark