[MD] Relationship of paradigms to metaphysics

T-REXX Techs, Inc. trexxtechs at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 4 07:56:23 PST 2012

I need some practical assistance here.  I know that we all operate day to
day with a paradigmatic set of unexamined beliefs or assumptions about the
nature of reality.  These beliefs seem to me to derive implicitly from some
culturally pervasive metaphysics that may have been specifically articulated
in the past and has since become diluted and absorbed into current society.
Would I be wrong to say that a metaphysic is an articulated system of
assertions about the nature of reality, while one's paradigm of reality is a
socially inherited and unarticulated operational framework?  Please let me
know your definitions of metaphysics, paradigms, and their relationship.

John L. McConnell

Office:  407-859-2637

Cell:     321-438-6301

Home:  407-857-2004