[MD] Good and Truth in Platonic system

X Acto xacto at rocketmail.com
Wed Dec 12 16:06:02 PST 2012

dmb says:
Pirsig's pragmatic truths are neither of those things. The don't correspond to anything or any thing, although they do have to agree with experience.

Ron:
I think we have to be careful with using that assertion Dave, that pragmatic truths have to "agree"
with experience. Because to correspond is to agree and if I understand pragmatic truth it has to
do with how well an idea "performs" in experience, how succesful it is in regard to our aims.
Because experience, can be misleading and colored. It can be distorted and exaggerated.
To say that experience is reality is not to imply that experience is what is "true".

..