[MD] omg

Dan Glover daneglover at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 21:48:05 PST 2012

Are you talking to me?

I mentioned that I was tired of the abuse I have received here, yes.
But how would you or anyone for that matter like it if they spent a
good deal of time answering someone's queries only to be told to go
stuff yourself? You must have read the responses I got from Ron and
Mark. Both very high quality posts, right?

Not.

I always thought this was a discussion group, not a place to be lured
into a trap or to be heaped with insults that have absolutely nothing
to do with the matter at hand. And yes, I know you have taken your
share of abuse too. I commend you for hanging in here. It isn't right
the way some contributors have treated you either.

Mark was out of control. He obviously had nothing better to do with
his time than to type endless posts to the discussion group and worse,
his understanding of the MOQ was less than negligible. I for one found
it embarrassing to belong to the same list. There are actually people
out there reading his posts and taking them as indicative of the
quality here.

Is it so much to ask that a person read Lila before contributing to
the list? Is it so much to ask that we (for the most part) stay on
task so far as discussing the MOQ? Horse grants us a lot of leeway
here. We shouldn't take advantage of it.

Perhaps the discussion I am having with David H. isn't up your alley.
That's fine. Most all your discussions with Mark weren't up my alley
either so I left you alone. Until he started in with some really
incredible statements like the words Robert Pirsig wrote aren't
important. Come on. What kind of asshole statement is that? What was
he doing here if the books RMP wrote aren't important?

Plus, you must remember, Horse asked us all to take a bigger lead here
if we wanted the list to maintain the quality it has been known for in
the past. I know I am not the most intelligent person here -- I
basically shun academia -- but I've been around a long time and I know
what he is saying. We've had some very high quality contributions in
the past. But the actions of those like Mark were pulling down
everyone.

And just because I am not involved in academia doesn't mean I don't
respect those who are. I do! I guess I don't feel the pull for it that
they do. I envy them in a way. I'd like to belong to something bigger
than me. Perhaps that is part of the reason I've stayed with this
group for so long. I feel I have learned things here I could never
learn in a university. But I am probably wrong as I have never
attended one so how would or could I know that?

Anyway, I never meant to whine or complain. I was just stating things
the way I see it. It is all there in the archives if you doubt my
words. And I do enjoy your posts comparing Zen Buddhism to the MOQ. I
am hesitant to reply to them as I am not as well-versed in Buddhist
literature as you.

Thank you for reading,

Dan

--