[MD] static patterns of value

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Wed Oct 2 13:53:49 PDT 2013

dmb,

> On Oct 2, 2013, at 12:20 PM, david buchanan <dmbuchanan at hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> Marsha said to dmb:
> And please, the first sentence of my definition of static patterns of value stats "Static patterns of value are repetitive processes (multiple events), conditionally co-dependent, impermanent and ever-changing, that pragmatically tend to persist and change within a stable, predictable pattern."  Please note the static patterns "persist and change within a stable, predictable pattern."
>

> dmb says:
>
> It's contradictory to say they have two opposite tendencies at the same time (persist and change). It's also a contradictory misuse of the terms to claim that static patterns are ever-changing. I should point out that your first sentence has yet another problem. It is also redundant, circular nonsense.

We've been down this path before, and 'persist' and 'change' are not antonyms.  Do you have a short-term memory problem?
'

> "Static patterns of value  ..change within a stable, predictable pattern."?

The statement is "Static patterns of value are repetitive processes (multiple events), conditionally co-dependent, impermanent and ever-changing, that pragmatically tend to persist and change within a stable, predictable pattern."  What makes static quality *static* is it persisting and changing within a stable, predictable pattern."

> What the heck is THAT supposed to mean?

It means static quality is *static*  because it persists and changes within a stable, predictable pattern."

> Patterns change within patterns?

Read above.

> And where'd you get the idea that patterns are processes?

Read "repetitive processes (multiple events)".   Where did you get the idea you could apply the concept of 'change' to Dynamic Quality when RMP insists it should remain concept-free?  Guess your logic can be ignored.

Marsha