[MD] Static patterns are ever-changing?!? i

David Morey davidint at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 3 08:16:30 PDT 2013

[Arlo]
 Pirsig's philosophy contains NO pre-existing forms, substances, patterns. There are no pre-conceptual patterns sitting out there waiting for us to 'experience' them.

DM: As you can't read let me repeat,  yes nothing precedes experience as our starting point,  but we do find pre-conceptual patterns in experience,  we call this quality, now conceptually when we try to make intellectual sense of experience we can very easily work out patterns exist outside of direct experience,  put a biscuit in a tin,  open it an hour later and the biscuit will still be there,  how would you explain this miracle,  witchcraft? No intellectual integrity round here it seems! I reject all talk of substances,  objectivity and subjectivity,  you are obsessed with it,  go read Paul Levi Bryant and improve your education. Realism and SOM are not inseparable,  this is the sort of thing intellect can analyse and clarify,  you should try some,  pathetic.