[MD] Un-Pure Experience

David Thomas combinedefforts at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 25 12:25:43 PDT 2013

On 10/25/13 11:24 AM, "David Buchanan" <dmbuchanan at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Like I just said, Mao is obviously a SOMer and Pirsig's "direct experience" is
> what you get after you've rejected SOM. Their meanings are not just
> distinguishable from each other, they are features of two completely different
> metaphysics.

[Dave]
So what both you are saying in flurry of sand is that neither "direct
experience" nor "intellectual abstractions" have any plain English
definitions. Because once you reject SOM, SOM (plain English) words and
definitions are meaningless under the MoQ.

You're claiming Pirsig's work is LITERALLY incomparable to any other works
of philosophy, except of course by dedicated "Pirsigians" like you who
though zazen, peyote, and other self induced mystical experiences parse
their true meaning. In other words a: "Metaphysic of Insanity"
Pirsig said that somewhere. I should have listened.

Dave