[MD] Step two

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 19:46:46 PDT 2014

Craig,

We might call such situations 'social', but they need something additional
to categorize them as third level spovs rather than mere 2nd level.

> Craig

I agree.  Social is really such a general category for so many kinds of
patterns.
How about the label "religion"?   Religion is unique to humanity, as Pirsig
calls for in the 3rd level.
When an idea becomes so widely adopted that it is no longer  questioned, it
becomes religious in its dogmatic acceptance.
Thus you could then say that SOM is modernity's religion and the MoQ is an
intellectual critique of this widely accepted dogma.

Toying with the idea,

John