[MD] Dr McWatt's advice to his unknown student from a remote spot of the world.

Dan Glover daneglover at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 17:44:30 PDT 2014

Dear all, and especially Ant,

I found this email in my box this morning. Apparently the sender meant
to mark it for moq.discuss but put my email address on it by mistake.
It is apparently from the student that Ant mentioned...

My Dearest and most wondrous Dr. McWatt,

I want to thank you for taking so much of your extremely valuable and
extraordinarily busy time to answer my nonsensical questions. Please
disregard my use of the many and assorted words such as you, I, me,
him, her, them, and any other term that might somehow even distantly
relate to an inferred embodiment of self no matter how ephemeral it
may seem or to my inadvertent mentioning of that which might otherwise
be taken as something corporeal like this fictitious keyboard with
which I am (supposedly) typing out these carefully nuanced and
structured sentences meant as but a feeble attempt to convey my
befuddlement at the audacity of your wisdom.

I offer you greetings.

If you should ever find yourself during your many and illustrious
travels around and about our most glorious globe in the vicinity of my
poor tribal village in a remote spot of the world please do not
hesitate to contact me. I am of course but one of the many beautiful
daughters of the chief of my village and should you take me up on my
offer please understand it is our custom to share with our guests not
only the plentiful and highly nutritious food that we have so
carefully grown and even going so far as to roast one of the many
greased pigs that we have so lovingly raised from piglets but also
know that we will as a matter of course offer up for your enjoyment
all the tanned and gleaming virgin bodies of our women and girls who
are said to be every bit as desirable as of that of those beauties of
your own Elizabethan era and much easier to undress.

Needless to say I have pored over each word of your most generous
response to me but still I find I am nevertheless markedly confused
and what's more perhaps even more so than before. I am forced to
apologize profusely and repeatedly and what's more I humbly offer my
profound regrets at my incredible stupidity and beseech you once again
to delve into your massive missive that you have so painstakingly
compiled upon the MOQ and lend to me your most pertinent and
perspicuous teachings which may in time come to annul my befuddlement.
For instance:

When you say:

"The four levels of static quality patterns have nothing directly to
do with individuals, subjects and/or objects."

I can only wonder what is the value of that which has nothing directly
to do with me and you. I of course have taken many liberties in
assuming that by 'individuals' you do in fact mean me and you though
of course if we do not actually exist - if we are in fact but enormous
and walking masses of bacteria that are but convenient fictions
perpetrated upon our world by those who should know better - then I
have to wonder to whom it is that I am writing this long and for me
extremely laborious letter. Should I simply print it out, take it to
the outhouse, and use it as we use all paper products here in my
lonely and isolated corner of the globe? For I am quite certain at the
bottom of the pit that is indeed at the heart of the outhouse there
also lurks an enormous mass of bacteria which for all I know may well
be in contact with the bacteria that comprises you, my esteemed friend
and learned teacher.

Please let it be known that it saddens me to think as a young women (I
assure you there are but one of me but perhaps you are referring to
the many masses of bacteria that comprise the fictitious me) I would
be banned from Rome and I cannot help but wonder if that was indeed
the case why Rome did not fall far sooner than it did. In my poor
tribal village our strength is found in our children and so far as I
can determine it is impossible for men to conceive. Perhaps you are
only using this anecdote to frighten me away from traveling back to
ancient Rome but I have never entertained any such notions and thus my
continued bafflement as to why you might include this in your
otherwise most intelligent and intriguing response to me.

In closing, please convey my many regrets to Patrick Doorly at not
having the resources and opportunity to purchase and consume his tome.
Should the time come when my father gathers enough goats together to
pay for such an illustrious book let it be known that he has promised
me it for Christmas, which of course we do not celebrate here but
nevertheless it is a generous and thoughtful offer on his part.

Many blessings upon you and yours,

Your Unknown Student