[MD] Step two

Craig Erb craig_erb at ymail.com
Sun Aug 24 17:29:04 PDT 2014

For the latest on this topic:
http://www.amazon.com/Shared-Agency-Planning-Theory-Together/dp/0199339996/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=1-1&qid=1408394217

According to the index, Bratman (a noted Stanford philosopher) references Tomasello in 4 footnotes.

"There is an independent reason - grounded in the diachronic organization of our temporally extended agency - to see planning structures as basic to our individual agency. Once these planning structures are on board, we can expect them to play central roles in our sociality." [Bratman]

What I think Bratman is saying is that what makes us individual agents is our individual plans and what makes us social agents emerges from the plans of individuals.