[MD] George Steiner interview

Andre andrebroersen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 05:31:46 PST 2014

John L. McConnell said:
If you qualify experience as "physical experience", then a level of experience beyond that makes perfect sense.

Andre:
The MoQ is not only about 'physical experience'. It identifies at least 5 that I am aware of.

JLM:
I can think of two self-imposed limitations of the MOQ:
1.	Its deliberate avoidance of theistic language constrains it.  How can you talk about absolute reality without using the language of Absolute Reality?

Andre:
The MoQ is, as far as I understand it, non-theistic. Where from the need to use theistic language in a non theistic metaphysics?

What is Absolute Reality?

JLM:
2.	It remains open-ended.  To the extent that open-endedness allows it to be extended, expanded, enhanced, and in general, used in many ways to make living, working, and thinking better, that's not a limitation.  I thin that's what Dr, Pirsig intended.

Andre:
Agreed, but I can't see NON open-endedness as an inherent aspect of the MoQ. What makes you think it is NOT open-ended? The only qualification, I suppose, would be that any extension, expansion, enhancement and betterment is that it meets the standards of the MoQ itself.

Unless you can think of a better metaphysics than Pirsig's MoQ?