[MD] The Social aspect of SOM

Andre andrebroersen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 11:44:46 PST 2014

Ham said to John:
Society depends upon individual (not 'concrete'?) identities who
collectively establish their moral standards, and ideally vote for
representatives in government who will foster those standards.

Andre:
No Hamilton! Social patterns of value do NOT comprise 'individual
identities' and they certainly do NOT establish their 'moral standards'.
We are here discussing Pirsig's MoQ, not your essential psychological need.

There is a moral code that establishes the supremacy of social order
over biological life (your individual identities) these are the
'conventional morals' and then there were moral codes over the social
order i.e. the intellectual order over the social order. Nowhere is an
individual to be found within any of the social or intellectual
patterns. Individual bodies are found at the organic level.

I apologise to any MoQ'er for the kindergarten standard followed but
some (SOM?) posters need to be (re) aquainted with the very, very basics
of Pirsig's MoQ.

Don't get me wrong Hamilton! I like your mention of Schroedinger's
insight but the way you go about integrating this insight leaves much to
be desired.

Hamilton:
And everything in existence, including its values, is differentiated
from every other. The human being itself is a differentiated entity.
There can be but one Absolute Source, and it ?creates? otherness by
negation.

Andre:

SOM to the core. The manifestation of 'otherness' is negated by the
source itself Hamilton!! There are no persons, there are no individuals,
there is no self! Read something (at least) of what is attributed to
Gautama Buddha's sayings and insights. He made them 2600 years ago!

I gather that you have not properly understood Schroedinger nor your own
life lessons. Whilst this scientist points to the unity, you immediately
transform this into negation by individuation and differentiation and
interposing a relational relationship not only between the individual
(which creates a differentation) but also between the 'unity' and the
'individual'.

It's time to realize that the MoQ seeks to include rather than
exclude... . To use other expressions, pointing to the same thing, there
is no individuation at the social level nor at the individual level. The
MoQ seeks to combine, integrate, and harmonize that which is patterned
(DQ/sq) and it is wonderfully successful.

I hope you know why the MoQ does not adhere to 'absolute sources'?