[MD] 42

Jan-Anders Andersson jananderses at telia.com
Wed Jan 29 04:18:55 PST 2014

Hi John

> 28 jan 2014 kl. 19:02 skrev John Carl <ridgecoyote at gmail.com>:
>
> Dan,
>
> John prev:
>>

>>> But it's interesting to consider that the over all plan for the human,
>>> doesn't come from "on top"  It comes from it's DNA and like wise the
>> city's
>>> overall plans comes from the dreams and ideas of men.
>>
>> [Dan]
>> Isn't 'plan' an intellectual term?
>>

> J:  No, not necessarily.  Most of my experience with plans is the
> blueprints a contractor turns into a house.  There's nothing inherently
> intellectual about that.  Nor when a lion has a plan in its head to snag a
> zebra.  I'm sure the term can be used on many different levels.
>
> Dan:
>
>> I wasn't trying to be condescending. Sorry you took it that way. If
>> you are acquainted with Pirsig's work then I'm not sure what we're
>> disagreeing about here other than your contention that SOM is in
>> charge of the social level, which in turn is composed of individuals.
>> In order to counter that argument it seemed necessary to go back to
>> the beginning.
>>

> J:  I didn't want to come off all prickly, but at the same time I don't
> want you to have to waste your time explaining the basics.
>
> The main point of my question is whether or not modern society relies upon
> a Subject/Object Metaphysics out of necessity.  If that is so, then we are
> fools to try and get the MOQ accepted by society for it simply cannot do
> that. Modern society HAS to see things ultimately, only in terms of
> subjects and objects and resists virulenty - or to be more accurate, it's
> immune systems kicks in against such a threatening view.  How else to
> explain this long span of time since ZAMM was published, all to little to
> no effect in public policy?
>
> Honestly one of the biggest reasons I craved another book out of Pirsig and
> was so eager to read Lila when it came out was an answer to the question:
> why has nothing changed?
>
> Platt inspired me by bringing up the fact that Pirsig said that the
> American Indian Way is closer to Quality than we are, and look how well
> they've done.  IF SOM is superior to the MOQ in the matter of power
> politics, then it doesn't matter how much better the MOQ is, it's going to
> fail regardless.  Right is made by might.
>

> D:

That was the reason for me to write "Money and the Art.." because I thought that if the MOQ perspective will be able to compete with SOM, there must be economically superior to SOM.
In MALC I show how money is made from a MOQ perspective by seeing money as a function of time. Time is not money, money is saved time. The introduction of time is one of the most important
contributions Pirsig made to modern philosophy. Modern thinking is able to maintaiN Artificial intelligence, Enterprising and Industrial processes that all are extremely dependent on a correct use of time. The difference to Ancient Greek Thinking is like comparing 3CPO and R2D2 with a white, one-colored statue of Adonis. The statue is quite cute yes, but it doesn't move!

Jan Anders