[MD] Step one

Andre andrebroersen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 09:16:45 PST 2014

Jan-Anders:

By inspiration from Andre I'll suggest that we start a discussion about how to define the difference between level one, the inorganic and level two, the organic. I couldn't find any consistent thread in the Archives.

Andre:
'Everything that has not been created by life (defined as DNA) is an inorganic value pattern'. Annot.42

Ipso facto an organic pattern is the 'presence of DNA in a self-perpetuating pattern'. Annot.23

The boundary between inorganic patterns and organic patterns is the virus 'because it is the simplest organism that contains DNA. I have read there is some dispute about the virus being living or dead, and I take this dispute as evidence that it is the boundary' Annotn. 48.