[MD] Anti-intellectualism revisited

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 15:54:04 PDT 2014

 Ron,

Thanks for addressing my confusion.

On 6/1/14, Ron Kulp <xacto at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> Intellect is a term used in studies of thehuman mind, and refers to the
> ability of the mind to come to correct conclusions about what is true or
> real, and about how to solve problems.

Jc:  So is intellect involved at all in conceptualization?  Or does it
only work with given concepts?

(socially given or artistically imagined)

Ron:

 Historically the term comes from the
> Greek philosophical term nous, which was translated into Latin as
> intellectus (derived from the verb intelligere) and into French (and then
> English) as intelligence.

Jc:  Maybe my problem is that I've been arguing with Bo for so long,
that his and my debate has affected my interpretation.  Bo disdains
the intellect/intelligence confusion because he thinks that intellect
can only refer to S/O thinking.  That doesn't sound right to me, but
how do you argue anybody out of a chosen definition?

Especially since, from an MoQ framework, there is no single definition
that is objectively right.  So what IS the consensus of the Quality
definition?  The one that fits our system or the one that everybody
agreees upon?

John

--
"finite players