[MD] Anti-intellectualism revisited

david dmbuchanan at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 8 14:03:43 PDT 2014

Thanks, Dan. Been a big fan of Vonnegut's since high school and that video clip was truly refreshing. If anyone wants to know what the opposite of anti-intellectualism looks like or sounds like, those seven minutes will do the trick. I'm fairly certain that Pirsig would whole-heartedly agree with those opening lines; reading and writing are highly skilled activities, just like playing a musical instrument.
Orpheus Rocks!

Dan comments:
I happened to come across a series of Kurt Vonnegut interviews done back in the 90's about anti-intellectualism and art, television and reading and writing, and lots of other ideas that seem pertinent to this discussion. This is the link to the first interview if you feel like checking it out: