[MD] Arlo

Jan-Anders Andersson jananderses at telia.com
Tue Jun 10 02:51:11 PDT 2014

Yes Arlo,

The Romantic/Classic dichotomy can't be applied to the left/right halves of the brain. Just as it can't be applied to the difference between left/right hand capabilities. Some left-handed people's right hand are more sensible and useful than right-handed people's left hand and vice versa.

The Romantic/Classic dichotomy is more connected to the attitude of a person. Romantic people tend to wear fashionable and modern clothing while Classic-oriented people rather choose traditional wear like blue jeans and leather jackets, riding Harley-Davidson Motorcycles made before WWII. Extremely classically oriented people like Bukonons
prefer the greek toga.

The split in attitude is quite connected to Time. Romantics cling to the status of the actual Now, the eternal change between before and later. Classics prefer to follow the eternal lines and stick to patterns which are unchanged during a long period of change. Patterns pointing to Newton, Plato and beyond ancient history.

The interesting point here is this:
How could Romantic and Classical attitudes meet if both carrier doesn't have the mental mirror, the conscious distance to themselves, if they don't understand that there is such a difference between them?

Jan-Anders