[MD] Anti-intellectualism revisited

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 10:13:09 PDT 2014

Andre,

Andre:

> I’ve been keeping quiet John, following your twittering Facebook enhancing
> drivel. Let’s just say I agree with Arlo, Dan, dmb, Ron and Ant about your
> social media exploits and the quagmire of confusions you are finding
> yourself in.

Jc:  oh piffle, Andre.  How is this contributing to either clarifying my
so-called confusion, or advancing Pirsig's MoQ?
Perhaps keeping quiet is the best course for you.

 Andre:

> I also agree with Horse suggesting that he isn’t about to throw anyone off
> this MD who may have difficulties  or misunderstandings about Pirsig’s MoQ
> but who IS willing to listen and learn and then puts those learnings,
> offered by other posters into practice.
>
> I do draw a line however with the poster who, justifying his/her own
> misunderstanding blames Pirsig for being responsible and that is just what
> you do John. This practice follows Bodvar and Marsha (just to name two) who
> also had a way of blaming Pirsig for their OWN ignorance, lack and
> subsequent drivel.

Jc:  So I take it that you believe Pirsig never made a single mistake?
I've refuted both Bo and Marsha's ideas - Bo for limiting the scope of the
4th level to SOM, and Marsha for her destructive interpretation of
Buddhism.  So lumping me in with them is foolish.  Bo just posted today,
that he prefers dmb's thinking to mine.  So your assertion of "follow" is
ridiculous.

Andre:

> The above excerpt from you to RON is just a small sample of your preschool
> logic John and I wholeheartedly agree with dmb suggesting you look for
> another hobby. Perhaps your own initiative of joining the stoics is an idea
> but if you display the same preppy level of skillful manipulation of
> symbols you continue to display here on this MD I doubt very much if they
> let you in.

Jc;  You know what seems preschool to me, Andre?  All this name calling and
insult.  It also seems rather school boy to reflect the exact ideas of the
teacher, without thought or understanding.  this has been you and dmb's
style for as long as I've observed.  Show me some of your supposedly
superior logic skills, don't just talk about them.  Then maybe your words
will abash me.  As it is, I just hear childish tauntings.

> All the best anyway.

Likewise, I'm sure.

JohnC